Rihanna Revealed as the Most Listened To Female Artist Globally as Spotify Celebrates Women’s History Month and International Women’s Day
Spotify is celebrating Women’s History Month and International Women’s Day by honoring influential women in music and culture. Today Spotify reveals the most listened to female artists and launches a series dedicated to highlighting iconic and rising female artists and authors across music and literature.
2. Ariana Grande
4. Ellie Goulding
5. Katy Perry
6. Lana Del Rey
9. Selena Gomez
10. Meghan Trainor
In celebration of Women’s History Month, Spotify is launching “Women in Music & Culture”, a series that highlights some of the most iconic and rising female voices in music, literature and entertainment. The series will include:
● Fifteen genre playlists featuring exclusive commentary from guest artists such as Kelly Clarkson on Aretha Franklin, Zendaya on Beyoncé, and Sydney of Echosmith on Joni Mitchell.
● Playlists ranging from “Women of Pop” and “Women of Hip Hop” to “Women of Metal” and “Women of Fresh Finds”.
● Selected works of influential women in literature including the novels, poetry and stories of Jane Austen, Sylvia Plath and Emily Dickinson.
● Over 70 poems by women read by the authors themselves, featuring Rita Dove, Elizabeth Bishop, Gertrude Stein, and more.
● An inspirational playlist from Golden Globe winner Gina Rodriguez of the hit TV show Jane The Virgin to kick-off the all-new “Spotify Latinos Trending” series.